Luton Airport Fire

After watching the news earlier this month, and hearing that it was thought that it was caused by a single vehicle, I wondered if that car's insurance company would have to stump up the £millions for the 1400 other cars and the car park itself.

Now I read that A man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage "as a precaution ".

The airport said it had provided the Motor Insurers' Bureau (MIB) with the registration details of 1,405 vehicles and that made me wonder how many were untaxed and/or uninsured, and what would be the end result of that.

What do you think?
  • 1 Reply

My first insurance policy covered me for up to £2 million third party damage. My current policy is for up to £40 million. If one person is held responsible, I hate to think how much that lot will cost, or how much my premium will go up by.
    Last time I had any dealings with an accident involving all paperwork not being in order, the relevant insurer refused tp pay out on the grounds that the car was deemed unroadworthy. This was when I claimed for damages after being hit by a car with no MOT.