P2723 (solenoid E performance/stuck OFF) and then a P0777 (solenoid B stuck ON). The codes come on and off.
- Trouble shifting at low gears (1st-2nd), especially when cold. I need to hold it reving around 2000rpm to force a shift. Absolutely fine at higher gears on the motorway at >30MPH
- Problem is made much worse at inclines, even small ones
- When switching from Reverse to Drive, the engine revs for the first 3-4s before moving. When switching from Drive to Reverse though, there is no issue.
- I have been driving it like this for weeks, at some point it improved to almost normal but now it is back to being weird.
I am just trying to understand what the issue might be that connects all these symptoms. Obviously it is something that eventually affects transmission fluid pressure/solenoid function, but what is the route issue? From my reading I see it could be anything from low/dirty transmission fluid, to faulty wires/valves/solenoids or PCM or something breaking down.
1) I took it to a transmission specialist garage, they said they have to take the gearbox out to diagnose (which is obviously costly). Is that really unavoidable or should I insist they check other things first such as transmission oil level? Do any of the above symptoms point towards a specific cause?
2) I should also add that back in November same guys changed the torque converter. Could the two issues be related in any way?
3) I only bought the car 6 months ago. The seller paid to fix the previous issue (torque converter) under Consumer Acts but now says they wont cover this one because it's a new issue that wasn't present when I bought it. Is this true?
I'd be grateful for advice on any of the above - thank you.