I have heard of electric bikes before, but only ones with a 30-60 mile range. 95 miles seems rather good for a bike.
£23,000 is a lot, though... then again, I don't know much about bike performance but I guess 0-60 in 3 secs is on par with fastest bikes from the likes of Ducati, which are similar in price?
A question - I believe the bike license has several "tiers" for different engine sizes. Could someone with the most entry-level bike license drive a very fast electric bike, as it's technically 0cc?
Category A1You can drive light motorbikes with:
- an engine size up to 125cc
- a power output of up to 11kW
- a power to weight ratio not more than 0.1kW/kg
This category also includes motor tricycles with power output up to 15kW.
Category A2You can drive motorbikes with a:
- power output up to 35kW
- power to weight ratio not more than 0.2kW/kg
The motorbike must also not be derived from a vehicle of more than double its power.
You can also drive motorbikes in category A1.
Category AYou can drive:
- motorbikes with a power output more than 35kW or a power to weight ratio more than 0.2kW/kg
- motor tricycles with a power output more than 15kW
You can also drive motorbikes in categories A1 and A2.
Does anyone here drive a motorbike (or any two-wheeled mode of transport) as well as their car?
Maybe I'm approaching my mid-life crisis.... but I've been giving it some thought!