Vauxhall Insignia 2011 Double Lock have to use key to unlock ??

Hi First problem from new 2011 AMAZING !

If I double lock the car with the remote I have to use the key to 'physically' unlock the drivers door all other doors open fine. Tried to find a garage who 'understands the fault' and can give me a price to 'fix', all garages so far want to 'diagnose' the fault then give a price to 'fix', not impressed, even a garage who specialize in Vauxhalls cannot give me an idea of the price and even admitted they were 'unsure' of the fault ugh !

Your thoughts would be appreciated, thanks. Pete
  • 2 Replies

The garages that want to diagnose the problem are right.
    The problem could be in a 'body module' (box of electronics controlling many things in the car), that would need to be eliminated first.
    The module may just need reprogramming or replacing.

The other option would be to take the door card off and look to see if there is anything mechanical/electrical wrong.
    The garages that want to diagnose the problem are right.
    The problem could be in a 'body module' (box of electronics controlling many things in the car), that would need to be eliminated first.
    The module may just need reprogramming or replacing.

The other option would be to take the door card off and look to see if there is anything mechanical/electrical wrong.

Yes I hear what you say thank you but the garage SPECIALIZING in Vauxhall want me to book the car in to localize the fault then charge me for the diagnosis rebook the car in to get the fault corrected at EXTRA cost I said why have to book it back in maybe it's a 'simple' fix. Oh no there's no simple fix with the Vauxhall. All I need is the 'worst case scenario or a 'ball part figure' which they can't do, this to me is a little 'strange' surely working on Vauxhalls for MANY years as they do they should have an idea ?? to not be able to 'give me a figure' and just want my cash is not good for good relations ? I have dealt with them for all my MOT's and odd problems brake pads etc. for 10 years maybe it's 'time up' !!!