Clio 2009 DF079 throttle actuator fault

My daughter has a 2009 clio 1.2. It current has fault codes DF079 motorised throttle oscillation fault and DF046 battery voltage abnormal. Now this fault occurs only when you turn on the ignition, it has come on once the car is running. As always when the ignition is turned on numerous dashboard lights come on then go off, but occasionally ignition light stays on and the codes are always DF079 and DF046. they reset immediately until the next time, approx 1 in 8-10 times.

Due to previous issues and help from your website, i have found corrosion to the fuse/relay box in the right corner and replaced it, but when that was faulty there were many more fault codes (and maybe not DF079).

The battery on the car is new, and well charged, alternator is charging and have had no issues with it.

I got a second hand throttle and changed it and the same happens - i have checked the wiring at the accelerator pedal and see no signs of rub through. I havent changed the pedal yet but the light come on without even touching the pedal, so i am doubting it is the cause.

Any suggestions
  • 2 Replies

hope this helps - Main reasons for a defective throttle body - ACtronics LTD
    Thanks for the reply, and the link was useful. My issue however is not quite the same, when running the cars runs absolutely fine and responds as requested. It fails at ignition on even before the engine is started, and then run rough (as though it miss firing), clear the code and it is fine again until next time. Is the throttle demanded to a specific position before start, and if it doesn't reach the position the code comes?
    I have had the original plus a used throttle on the car and the same scenario, hence i am still wondering is it the throttle or something else.