Over the Limit

My daughter received a call on Sunday morning at 7am to pick up a friend who had had a row with her boyfriend and he had thrown her out. It was 6am and foggy. My daughter crashed into a roundabout and wrote her car off, she is 18 had saved hard for the car £5k. She called the police and when they arrived the breathalysed her - she recorded 41, then 40 at the station and was charged. She had been driving the night before, and although it hadn't been her pouring the drinks, she thought she'd be ok and felt ok.

I'm guessing even although she is fully comprehensive with black box RAC insurance, she will now not be covered for the car, the council damage, the recovery and scrapping of the car + she will almost certainly receive a 12 month ban + may need to resit her driving test again.

What makes it worse. Her court case is on the day she sits her A level assessment and just cant study. So I don't think she'll be going to uni now either.

Is there any leniency from insurers, colleges or courts when it comes to being right on the limit, the morning after v the night before and just being niaive.....I guess not. Any advice?
  • 1 Reply

She could try contacting the court for another date, I think if she explained about the exams they would cooperate.

Good luck to her in the exams.