2007 ford focus power window problems/puzzle

Hi all sorry I'm new. Need some help!! Windows worked fine up until today. Some kind person decided to drive into my wing mirror and knock the mirror glass out and break the plastic off the back. While my car was parked outside my house(not sure if this is anything to do with the issue?) Then straight after when I press either window button on either side of the car it tries to lock the car doors and flashes a message on the trip screen saying driver's door open even though it's closed but the windows do not move.

If I push the button to open the drivers window on the drivers side door it just buzzes and does nothing.

I'm 90% sure there is no problem with my window motors as it is both sides. And the buttons do something completely different when pressed. Ie try to lock the car. Please guys help me figure this out. I have checked all the fuses to do with windows or central locking also today I disconnected the battery in the hope it may reset itself some how but nothing.

Thanks.
  • 3 Replies

It sounds as though there has been some damage to the wiring, this may have sent un-expected signals into the body control modual and scrambled its 'brain'.
    I would check all is well with the wiring in the door and mirror, and then have a diagnostic done to see if the body modual can be reset or needs to be replaced.
    Hi thanks for the reply. Would that mean get it plugged in to see if there is any error codes? I've had the door card off once due to the window been down when this happened so had to manually lift the window. Had a quick look at the wires but couldn't see anything. Maybe it could be deep inside the door. The focus has a metal plate on the door to protect the window I guess. And makes it a little hard to get to anything on the inside but I may have another go.
    By brain do you mean the ECU. Is that a plug in and find error code type of thing. Cheers.