Just wondering if you guys could help me regarding a car i sold.
I sold a car on the 26/01/2021 privately,In conversations with the woman as far as i knew it would of passed the MOT 100% when i owned the car,It was inspected by a garage and was told this (I have no proof of the inspection)
In messages i've obviously stated that it would pass an MOT and in my advert i wrote that there was NO known issues with the car for it to fail the MOT.
Upon the day of her viewing the car i noticed a noise for the clutch bearing,Nothing to expensive to sort and she accepted the car with that issue too,She also accepted the issue with the drivers window that had issues sometimes.
I said in messages that £600/£700 was spent on the car which is true,I brought parts and they where fitted outside of the garage from a friend who works on cars all the time,It went to two different garages for work to be done however i only had one receipt from one garage.
When she was viewing the car she brought her brother along and claimed he was a mechanic,He inspected the vehicle and test drove it and they where both happy with the car.
I recieved a message threatening court action from this woman regarding the car and how i've sold the car with false pretences because i said it would of passed an mot.
In 30 days this woman has done 1000 miles, She has decided to take it to a garage for a service and to get it checked over pre mot and it's come back with £1000 worth of work when that's all she paid for it..
She's saying how i'll be dealing with her solicitor and in the court room?
She's wanting a full refund and for me to pay for her service that she's had done,Despite her using the car for 1000 miles and she accepted the car in one of her messages after a week said it was fine.

legally what's the best route because i'm just being threatend,What is she actually legal entitled to obviously i told her the car would pass an mot however it won't after she took it to the garage after 30 days of owning the car and doing that mileage?
All the brake pipes are corroded on the vehicle and apparently that doesn't just happen,She's took it off the road because it's dangerous however when i had the car and when it was inspected as i was curious if it'd pass an mot i was told it would from the garage,On previous mot history there was advisories for ages stating about the brake pipes being corroded.

What can i do as a private seller? She paid £1150 for the car and £227 for the service do i have to pay that?

Have i done anything wrong by saying it would pass an mot and in the ad it says no known issues for it to fail an mot?

Do i have to pay for the work? If so can i do that at a garage of my choice?
The car's a 17 year old mini cooper with 103,000 miles on the car nearly.

I need some help because this is ridculous😃