03 Micra K12 - Cranking but won't start when Engine Cold

Hi Everyone ... This is my first post on the Forum. Hope someone can help point me in the right direction !!

My 03 Micra K12 just won't start when Engine is really cold !!

I think it may be down to a faulty sensor that is sending incorrect or NO signal to ECU. I've replaced the Coolant Temp Sensor and fitted a new set of Spark Plugs, but that made No difference. I THINK there is only one Coolant Temp Sensor on the K12 - maybe someone on the Forum can confirm that ??

I now suspect the MAP Sensor ( the one on top of the Air Box, 4 terminals & 1 bolt ) may be faulty. If I disconnect it with the engine running - the engine continues to run. I'm informed that the engine should cut out when this is disconnected ?? Again, maybe someone can confirm or dispute that.
    I'm also pretty sure that it's a "cold start enrichment" issue - but what's causing it , I'm not so sure of !!

At ALL other times it runs & starts perfectly !!
    All suggestions welcome ...
  • 1 Reply

Have you seen this?
    K12 1.4i (2005) Cold start issues- driving me crazy | Micra Sports Club

The engine will keep running with the MAP sensor disconnected, it's function is to tell the ECU how much air is entering the engine, if disconnected the ECU uses a default value, and keeps the engine running but the fuel air ration will not be the optimum.