Terrible Garage services

Back in December 2018 my vehicle was taken to a garage for an engine idle problem , after many months of me contacting them on many occasions with no answer I took them to a small Claims court & won a court order which they did not pay , I then sent in bailiffs in April 2019 & money was paid on that day , I then had to buy a cheap run around as my wife needed a car for work . I have no idea where I stand as they still have my vehicle & is obviously still in my name but with no mot as I’ve checked . The courts did not state what happens to my car .I have sent recorded letters stating that it is still my vehicle & my possessions inside to them & will take them back to court but have had no reply . I need to know where I stand . Advise would be very welcome thank you
  • 1 Reply

Have you tried Citizens Advice Bureau ? They will point you in the right direction, another option would be Trading Standards.

I assume you took them to court for the value of the vehicle, if that is the case I think they have in effect bought the vehicle from you.