Policy cancelled, accident fault and ordered to pay the full amount of the other driv

Hello everyone,
    I want everyone who have a good knowledge and experience for my question concerns below please:
    She is insured for comprehensive cover, her car was insured for domestic, social and pleasure purposes only.
    She drives the car to work and on her way to work she collided with another car which the car insurance company said she was at fault.
    She admitted on phone conversation with the car insurance company that she was driving to work on the time of the accident which the insurance told her she have breached her policy by using the car to travel to work.
    The car insurance cancelled her car policy, now she received a letter ordering her to pay for the full claims for the other driver she hit the car.
    The total amount the insurance company wants her to pay is £6,890 which is a big sum of money.
    She was a new driver and this was her first car insurance and this happened in early year of 2019.
    She is a student too and we don’t have the money to pay,, could anyone advise us, or help us through this issue please?
    Thank you very much
  • 2 Replies

Try Citizens Advice Bureau, if you have not yet solved the problem.

Best wishes.
    Thank you very much, I will definitely try citizens Advice Bureau.