2008 Peugeot 207 Sport 1.4L Anti-pollution Faulty

I've owned this 207 for over 3 years (89,000 miles total) and never had any trouble with it until a month ago. As I'm driving, the car will give one chug without any warning, the engine light turns on, I'm given the warning "Anti-pollution faulty" and the car will free wheel to a stop. No engine revs, but the electric stays on. Whenever you attempt to get going, she'll maybe go 10 yards before conking out again. Well, this was taken to a mechanic who replaced the anti-pollution filter, and the car worked fine for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, the exact same problem has happened again. Anyone any idea what I need to do to sort this once and for all?
  • 2 Replies

I would put on a diagnostic computer, if you have a Bosch car service centre in your area, they come highly recommended, they will use live data to see what is (or is not) working while the engine is running.
    Last edited by wagolynn; 18-12-20 at 15:37.
    Peugeot 207 Sport, 16V 1.4L engine. 57000 Miles on the clock, oil changed the other week with no luck on solving the pollution issue.

our sainburys
    Last edited by Brenda541; 18-03-21 at 11:25.