Hi I had a car accident yesterday and it is being deemed my fault as I was pulling out onto the road and hit a car coming along who then veered into a parked car. I called the police and had to give the operator all the details which took a while and everyone's was glaring at me angrily. My car was driveable but the other 2 not so I thought it best to ring the police. The police did all the photos, breathalyser, etc, then said it wouldn't be a police matter unless the other driver wanted to make a complaint, but he couldn't decide so was to be thinking about it overnight and the police said they would ring him later today and then ring me either way, even if he hasn't decided yet. I was in tears on the phone to them and have been crying all night. The police read me my rights and said it was a caution, but didn't say the offence, I think. Said they were doing it in the meantime in case needed. I asked what could happen if he logs a complaint and they said it could be a caution, fine, court, etc, they can't say for sure as down to CPS. I wasn't injured and man said he was "ok at the minute". I would understand completely if he is sore in next few days and wants to pursue a claim for that through the insurance, but I don't know why he would want to log a complaint against me. I know I would understand if the roles were reversed that it was an accident. I a man so scared that he will and of the outcome. I have no money for a solicitor or a fine. I have a good income but it is currently being swallowed up by debit repayments until my house is sold, as my husband left. I was wondering if anyone else had experience of this and what the police did to them? I have never been in trouble with the police before.