Mini roundabouts and indicating - appeal

Just a quick one for anyone that would like to chime in with their opinion.
    My fiancee had a car accident on a mini roundabout about 6 months ago. She approached a mini roundabout with the intention of turning right, exiting at 3 o'clock. She joined it and proceeded to do just that. As she was about to pass the exit straight ahead at 12 o'clock, a car pulled out in front of her and she ended up hitting his drivers side with the front of her car.

Now she says she did indicate, and there was somebody else at the scene who agreed to be her witnessband attest to that. The other driver said she wasn't signalling and he also had a person agreeing to be his witness and attest to that.

I actually didn't think the indicating side of things would even matter, because surely if you pull out in front of somebody (also bearing in mind even if she wasn't indicating right, she certainly wasn't indicating left as she approached that exit) approaching from the right who has the right of way, it is your fault.

Anyway after 6 months the insurance company have come back and said my fiancee's witness has not responded to their attempts to contact them, but the other driver's witness has, and they have placed all the blame on her. They also told her it would be pointless trying to fight it any further.

I just can't help but feel that this is completely wrong and we should try and fight it further.
  • 1 Reply

I would say, if there is a car on the roundabout then they must be given way to (give way to traffic from the right), signals or not.

You need your insurers to write and tell there decision then you can appeal to the FSA.

Have you tried to contact your witness?

Good Luck.