Fully Synthetic Oil and Vibration

I'm new to motorcycles and wanted to ask about the best engine oil for my bike. At present, I own newly launched BMW G310R bike. In spite of having a brand new motorbike, I could feel the vibration on top end and while revving hard. Is this normal on a new bike.

What if I use fully synthetic oil for my bike? Are they good or just a marketing gimmick?
  • 4 Replies

I would use whatever the manufacturers recommend for the oil, then you will have no trouble should you make a warranty claim.

Fully synthetic oil - I think is overpriced for what little advantage it gives.
    Modern oils are really as good as the chemical package added, detergents, antioxidants, stabilisers etc.

Vibration - Take the bike into the garage and see what they have to say, I would not expect vibration from the engine or is it from unbalanced wheels?

See if Motman responds he is the motor bike man.
    Well, I was going to say, a single cylinder engine in a sports type bike is never going to be smooth. Even 4 cylinder bikes can be buzzy. On my FJR 1300, I tried different bar ends to cut down on the vibration and my friend, even now, on his Honda VFR has terrible trouble with numb/tingling hands after just an hour or so of riding. As the OP is saying, it’s his first bike and vibration is not really avoidable on any of them. He will get used to it in time though.
    Raynaud's Syndrome or 'White Finger' is caused by vibration, and made worse by cold. Not usually dangerous - just painful and frustrating, but it can result in permanent damage.

It used to be a serious problem for road workers using pneumatic drills.
    You may just be noticing motor mounts now that the engine is running better with the other work that was done, can't say for sure though. What I can say though, is that a ton of small 4 cylinder commuter cars have the same thing. A Chevy Sonic is not a luxury car, it's not designed to isolate the driver from every vibration and sound, it's designed to get you from A to B and use the least amount of fuel possible. I'm not trying to discount the fact that the vibrations are real and are bothering you, but with over 100k just about any cheap car is going to start doing undesirable things, making sounds, vibrating etc. and that's why the dealership is telling you there's "nothing wrong" because realistically there probably isn't much they can do