Driving in the UK Legally?

I have a non-exchangeable international driving licence...

Even if your licence was issued in a non-EU/EEC/designated nation, you are nevertheless permitted to drive in the United Kingdom for one year.

You will then need to apply for a provisional UK licence, then sit and pass the DVSA driving test in order to continue driving.

My question is can I apply for the provisional license during the 1st year and continue driving?

I want to take the UK test during my 1st year and not lose the eligibility to drive whilst doing lessons and test.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
  • 3 Replies

Yes, you can apply and take your tests while continuing to drive during the first year. Good luck!

BTW there is no such thing as an "international" licence, what you have is a "foreign" one!
    Originally Posted by Beelzebub;n195660
    Yes, you can apply and take your tests while continuing to drive during the first year. Good luck!

BTW there is no such thing as an "international" licence, what you have is a "foreign" one!

There is an International License, I have both a foreign license and an International, there are countries such as Japan that does not accept foreign licenses only International license.
    When you apply for a driving licence, you have to visit an NDLS centre where your mycfavisit photo and signature are digitally recorded. You have to bring additional documentation to confirm your walmartone identity.