Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RAC Forum Rules
    23-09-19 , 12:46

RAC Forum Rules

We'd like our forum to be helpful, informative and fun – a place where you can discuss the latest motoring news and enjoy interacting with others. The following guidelines are to ensure you feel safe to express your thoughts, opinions and queries. Please take a moment to read them as all users must familiarise themselves with the rules of this forum and abide by them when using the site.

1) Personal information – Please don't include any personal or sensitive information (such as your home address, phone number, driver's license or car registration number) in your posts or comments. Keep in mind that this forum is a public platform and as such, you should only share information you wish the general public to see.

2) Protecting others – Before you upload any text, images, video or audio, make sure you are allowed to do so. It's your responsibility to ensure the content you post doesn't infringe the intellectual property, or other rights of people or organisations. Please note, if we have any concerns that you've infringed others' rights, we may delete the content that has been uploaded. If you are posting any images or videos that include other people or their property, it's always best to respect their privacy and check you have their permission first.

3) Posting of content – Please ensure that all posts are made in the relevant sub-forums, any messages found to be posted in the incorrect section of the forum will be removed.

4) When and why we'll moderate – The goal of our forum community is creating a space where members can express their thoughts, opinions and queries. Whilst we are open to expressions of opinion, we will remove and/or report posts (and block anyone who chooses to repeatedly break these house rules) containing:

- SPAM
    - Unlawful information
    - Personal or sensitive information
    - Abusive, offensive and hateful language
    - Violations of any intellectual property rights
    - Trolling posts or deliberately disruptive discussions
    - Suspicious links e.g. Containing possible various or malicious software
    - Inaccurate or misleading statements about the RAC, its products and its people

Technical Advice
    1. RAC does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or disadvantage you may suffer relating to technical advice you have received on the forum. It is not intended to replace the need for your vehicle to be inspected, and RAC would always encourage you to have the vehicle checked by an expert if you believe there is a fault with it.
    2. RAC does not in any way endorse any third party or third party product that may be referred to on the forum.
    3. RAC does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage you may suffer relating to services carried out by any third parties that you may choose to instruct after receiving advice.
    4. You should seek expert assistance if you have any doubts as to your ability to conduct vehicle repairs/maintenance or you do not have suitable tools and/or a safe working environment.
    5. The General Terms detailed in your RAC Terms of Membership also apply.
    General advice
    1. RAC does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or disadvantage you may suffer relating to advice received on this forum. Any advice offered is based on the information provided by you and is intended as general guidance only. RAC would always encourage you to contact the relevant bodies / organisations when seeking advice.
    2. RAC does not in any way endorse any third party or third party product that may be referred to on the forum.
    3. RAC does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage you may suffer relating to services carried out by any third parties that you may choose to instruct after receiving advice on the forum.
    4. The General Terms detailed in your RAC Terms of Membership also apply.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10-12-20 , 13:31

How do we get in touch with the forum moderator?
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10-12-20 , 13:35

Why can I post in this thread but not any other? Why, as an existing forum member, am I still waiting after 4 days for my posts to be checked by a moderator? What’s going on?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10-12-20 , 16:58

Was wondering if you’d be back Motman. Sorry to see you are having problems...could try posting on this thread once more as I believe I read somewhere that new posters are restricted till they make 3 posts and we’ve all had our post count reset to 0.
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10-12-20 , 19:01

Quote Originally Posted by Drivingforfun View Post
    Was wondering if you’d be back Motman. Sorry to see you are having problems...could try posting on this thread once more as I believe I read somewhere that new posters are restricted till they make 3 posts and we’ve all had our post count reset to 0.
    I've made at least half a dozen posts since finding the site up and running - still waiting for them to be approved by a moderator! There doesn’t seem to be any way to contact them. You couldn’t send a pm to M.Renk for me could you? 🤞
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

11-12-20 , 08:36

I tried but they have PMs turned off :-(
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

11-12-20 , 08:52

Morning all,

Apologies for the delay in responding, we noticed that when we restored the forum back on the new site the same spamming issues reappeared from the old forum, we've had to implement a workaround but it should now all be functioning correctly and preventing all of the spam going through. We have an approval system in place and once 3 posts have been approved you will be able to post freely without needing it.

Thanks again for your patience!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

17-12-20 , 21:38

can’t see the post i made earlier today :(
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2
    Mentioned