Dacia Logan resale value?

I'm thinking of buying a new Logan MCV with the idea of replacing it after 3 to 5 years. Anyone can advise if it's good to resale?
  • 2 Replies

Nothing is guaranteed but the best thing to do is to have a look on car sale websites such as AutoTrader. Search for 3 or 5 year old cars to see what they are going for. That should give you an idea although anything can happen - a new model could come out that reduces the value of the old ones, the economy could crash, etc.

Most brand new cars lose 40-70% of their value over 3 years.

Personally I would prefer to be conservative (pessimistic) and assume it will lose 70%. Anything more you get is a bonus.
    Originally Posted by Drivingforfun;n198216
    Nothing is guaranteed but the best thing to do is to have a look on car sale websites such as AutoTrader. Search for 3 or 5 year old cars to see what they are going for. That should give you an idea although anything can happen - a new model could come out that reduces the value of the old ones, the economy could crash, etc.

Most brand new cars lose 40-70% of their value over 3 years.

Personally I would prefer to be conservative (pessimistic) and assume it will lose 70%. Anything more you get is a bonus.

I appreciate your answer.
    I've been checking the second-hand market for this model and it's one of the brands that devaluates the least (6.3% per year compared with 10% typical average for other brands). I'm not sure what really counts for after-sale, I'm thinking: if this car loses so little value, then nobody is going to buy it second hand as it would just cost a little less than new, am I right?
    Thank you