Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,210 Posts
    16-07-24
  2. 303 Posts
    08-07-24
  3. 2,275 Posts
    15-07-24
  4. 43,844 Posts
    Today
  5. 12,443 Posts
    Yesterday
  6. Off Topic

Let's talk about everything and anything else
    Latest post: Watches by
    9,557 Posts
    Yesterday
  7. 728 Posts
    15-07-24
  • Staggering costs of airport pick up/drop off
    Going on your summer holidays? It may be tricky to find someone who'll drop you off. Several UK airports are increasing costs for the drop off... see more
  • Was I unreasonable here??
    I've done it many myself, but why don't pedestrians take the extra steps to cross safely at a crossing? see more
  • Interesting cars seen when out and about
    10am today, saw an original E-type on Ruislip High Street in British Racing Green. A dab of throttle and a great growl. Then at 11pm on Breakspear... see more
  • Supercar Driving Experience
    To be honest, he wouldn't be ready or able to drive a Nissan Micra, let alone a Lambo 😂. I agree though, to drive a car supercar and truely feel... see more
  • Was I unreasonable here??
    A woman tried to cross the road in front of my car about 30 yards away from a zebra crossing and got the right hump when I didn't stop...She started... see more
    I think over 10 is the limit usually, but I'm sure there isn't a legal reason for that number and maybe someone would let a younger child drive,... see more
  • Car has been hit but due to be traded in next week
    Are you comprehensive cover? I am assuming yes If that is the case, get your insurers involved and get them earning the exorbitant fees they... see more
    He's see more
    Is he too young to drive as in just under 17?? Or is he like under 10? There are loads of junior experiences where you only have to be able to reach... see more
  • Watches
    @Drivingforfun Upgrade your accessory game with the finest wrist watches in Dubai. Visit Cliff to explore our exclusive collection. see more
    0-60 in 2.2 seconds is frighteningly fast! Not too long ago, I was a passenger in an Audi E-Tron. The acceleration was unbelievable, and yet,... see more
    I think any one of them as it will be up to the driver. (I would go for the McLaren though. if I was driving.) see more
    I'm looking for some advice. I'm going to get a driving experience for my son. He's not old enough to drive, so he'll be a passenger only, I'm... see more
    @TC1474 Thank you very much, I have really been pushing them as you have said explaining that the costs will soar, but like anything these days... see more
    You can claim for what is called "Uninsured losses" What this means is that because you are out of pocket as a result of negligence on the part of... see more
    Hi, Was just wondering if I could get some advice please as genuinely don't know the best course of action, in 15 years of driving I have never... see more
  • Driving shoes
    I think I'd rather drive in boots than barefoot. see more
  • Driving shoes
    I can only drive comfortably in thin-soled shoes; thick ones make me feel disconnected from the pedals. Practice must be key for those who manage... see more
  • Driving shoes
    Interesting posts, I was wondering whether or not I was in a minority My Dad had to drive with Dr. Martens or whatever they were called when in... see more
  • Reverse gear
    Pull out the transmission dipstick. Is the oil dark or black and does it smell burned? These transmissions are normally very reliable with no known... see more
  • Following an accident my car has been given a Category D write off..
    You must tell your insurance company before you use it and they may want a higher premium or even refuse to accept you. see more
  • Driving shoes
    When I drove a truck, I wore heavy steel-toed safety boots all the time. It was often a requirement in places I delivered to, although some... see more
  • Driving shoes
    Circumstances dictated that I had to drive once in work boots. I drove around the NW London suburbs pretty much all day with no problem until the end... see more
  • Following an accident my car has been given a Category D write off..
    It has been repaired by a reputable garage am I still Insured? ​​​​​​​Thanks. see more
  • Driving shoes
    I absolutely agree. I tend to drive in trainers, I can drive in boots, but only once they are sufficiently worn in, and that can take quite some... see more
  • Driving myths
    There have been many cases where people have ended up in jail for "impersonating a doctor". That certificate they proudly display after six or more... see more
  • Driving shoes
    Does anyone tend to need a certain type of footwear for driving? I find myself unable to drive in any kind of thick soled shoes, all I can drive... see more
  • Bad driving instructor
    For the driving test (says I putting on my ex examiners hat) you will be required to signal by the numbers (MSM), but once you are through your test,... see more
  • WHAT is the Biggest PROBLEM In the Car Industry?
    A bit of advice to the auto industry. Stop doing stuff like this to claw every last penny out of the motorist. see more
  • Driving myths
    I have actually seen that done at a few RTC's over the years and it worked. Admittedly the person doing the procedure was a first aid instructor... see more