Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,214 Posts
    Yesterday
  2. 309 Posts
    Today
  3. 2,275 Posts
    15-07-24
  4. 43,853 Posts
    Yesterday
  5. 12,443 Posts
    18-07-24
  6. Off Topic

Let's talk about everything and anything else
    Latest post: Rant Time by
    9,558 Posts
    Yesterday
  7. 728 Posts
    15-07-24
  • EV calculations
    I’m aware of how various range figures and things are calculated with EVs based on their kilowatt hours but wondered something else which I don’t see... see more
  • Rant Time
    My internet connection went down. Called customer service and it went like this; CS "You can e-mail technical support" Me "I have no internet... see more
  • Problems with Audi A7 3.0 2011
    As it's an Audi the best solution would be to remove the radiator cap and lift it into the air about 3 feet. Remove the Audi and replace it with... see more
  • Was I unreasonable here??
    The problem we have at the moment is that the public have very quickly latched onto the new elements put int the most recent addition of the Highway... see more
  • Choice of EV's
    As for personal data I have an extension that shows me which sites have requested to track me (a tracker tracker?) and often the sites which you may... see more
  • Choice of EV's
    I'd never really considered BYD, I always just lumped it in as like Ssangyong i.e. cheap cars for people who don't really care, but I seem to be... see more
  • Choice of EV's
    Tesla have been the victim of more than their share of conspiracy theories, probably because of Musk's divisive personality and behaviour. As for... see more
  • Choice of EV's
    I have heard too many negatives about Teslas.Questions about who actually 'owns' it when you've bought it, and built in failures of some components.... see more
    I had a guy step out in front of me near a crossing causing me to an emergency stop. (From about 20/25mph.) I grabbed a piece of paper and a biro,... see more
  • Micra K 13 will not start.
    @michaelb Car electronics can be sensitive to heat and cold. This is a link to a forum discussing similar problems - it may help: ... see more
  • Problems with Audi A7 3.0 2011
    @LyamB hey did you sort it out if you dont mind and how see more
  • Choice of EV's
    I need some help to make a decision on which EV to have as my company car. Options Tesla 3 or BYD Seal. What's everyone's thoughts? see more
    You mean like this? https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16459499/drives-into-insulate-britain-protesters-blocking/ see more
  • First drive on your own
    I took my test back in 75 in my Mum's Renault 16 complete with column gear change. Not knowing how long I was going to be, M-my Mum who had... see more
  • Micra K 13 will not start.
    When the temperature reaches above 25 deg the immobilizer will not switch off and the car will not turn over even though all the dash lights are on.... see more
  • This is me πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ
    At the end of a shift at nigh I'm driving home and there's a car heading towards me with it's high beams on. A quick flash of my high beams to let... see more
  • First drive on your own
    Just thought I'd ask if you remember yours? I remember passing my test in my parents' car, when I got home they'd arranged for me to go on their... see more
  • Supercar Driving Experience
    Good point Mark!! For some reason I neglected to ask, if he'd ever driven a car at all?? In some ways, I wonder if driving a supercar as your... see more
    I agree, Mark I've said this before but I'm well aware that in modern society people like to make a point of being victims or "in the right" -... see more
  • Staggering costs of airport pick up/drop off
    I think they do this to encourage the use of public transport, but it kind of ignores the problem that you can't take several suitcases onto a bus or... see more
  • Staggering costs of airport pick up/drop off
    Going on your summer holidays? It may be tricky to find someone who'll drop you off. Several UK airports are increasing costs for the drop off... see more
    I've done it many myself, but why don't pedestrians take the extra steps to cross safely at a crossing? see more
  • Interesting cars seen when out and about
    10am today, saw an original E-type on Ruislip High Street in British Racing Green. A dab of throttle and a great growl. Then at 11pm on Breakspear... see more
    To be honest, he wouldn't be ready or able to drive a Nissan Micra, let alone a Lambo πŸ˜‚. I agree though, to drive a car supercar and truely feel... see more
    A woman tried to cross the road in front of my car about 30 yards away from a zebra crossing and got the right hump when I didn't stop...She started... see more
    I think over 10 is the limit usually, but I'm sure there isn't a legal reason for that number and maybe someone would let a younger child drive,... see more
  • Car has been hit but due to be traded in next week
    Are you comprehensive cover? I am assuming yes If that is the case, get your insurers involved and get them earning the exorbitant fees they... see more
    He's see more