Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,180 Posts
    Yesterday
  2. 297 Posts
    Today
  3. 2,268 Posts
    19-06-24
  4. General Driving Discussions

Conversations about driving, gadgets, travel, breakdowns and safety
    Latest post: Time to breakdown by
    43,828 Posts
    Today
  5. 12,434 Posts
    21-06-24
  6. 9,513 Posts
    Today
  7. 717 Posts
    03-06-24
  • Can We Recommend Products?
    ​​​​​​​ see more
    @Rolebama. I have just been given Lancaster for my Birthday, so I am really looking forward to it. I hope you enjoy Spitfire as much as I did, and... see more
    TC1474: Just finished Lancaster. The man can certainly string the stories together. Will be starting Spitfire later. Thanks for that. see more
  • Dog poo
    I've never seen that @Rolebama I have to say it seems odd to me, owning a dog is expensive, conserving poo bags shouldn't come too high up in the... see more
  • EV Footprint facts
    With regard to older cars and their pollution: I would only say that there were fewer cars on the road, and at least you could see or smell the... see more
  • Dog poo
    We have an area locally where most locals walk their dogs. It is not unusual to see people use their bags to pick up then empty the bags into one of... see more
  • Time to breakdown
    Hi Tim, Thanks for sharing your experience with the community. As you've seen, we do get to most breakdowns in 60 minutes or less.... see more
  • Dog poo
    I saw a normal waste bin in the town today but it had a sign on it saying dog waste was allowed if it's in a bag Is there a reason they'd need the... see more
  • Stupid chemistry question
    Been reading about some crazy metals lately! It seems that zirconium, titanium and hafnium could explode in contact with air at room temperature.... see more
  • Time to breakdown
    Whats the average wait time for a breakdown..? Can someone give me the stats? because I'm reading an hour yet sat here for 3 so far with 6 to go? see more
  • Songs that make you go "Wow"
    Still my favourite because it's true for me and just about everyone I know. see more
  • Feeling A Fool
    Ah, the stories I could tell, and I will😁 Had a report of a stolen a car come over the air and lo and behold, it's right in front of me. Turned on... see more
  • EV Footprint facts
    True, but what is the number one priority when buying something?; it's price, and the only way the manufacturers can get the price low enough for... see more
  • RAC Badge
    Then the old f**t will be the one to ask which is the correct colour 😉 see more
    If anyone appreciates some Country and Western, I can recommend the TV show 'Nashville'. It's a US drama, focused around a country singer (Connie... see more
    As you say, NMNeill, C & W is a lot of what we can relate to, even though we don't experience the events. Some tell a story which we feel would be... see more
  • RAC Badge
    OP, as you'll see from Mark's reply there was a variety of shades of blue over the years, and complicated by the fading that old badges will have... see more
  • RAC Badge
    Hi DanReed3267, Welcome to the Community. After a quick google search, it seems that there are lots of variations of vintage RAC badges. I... see more
    I cried after watching this video for the first time. Thanks for sharing it, @NMNeil! see more
  • EV Footprint facts
    @NMNeil You make a valid point about child labor issues in various industries. My point is that we should strive for ethical practices across the... see more
    @NMNeil"Wow" indeed! see more
  • Election 2024: Impact on motorists
    I do think that the pubic encourage them to lie, in fairness If a politician came along and promised to just bumble along as normal and nothing... see more
    It may not have made it to the UK as it's Country and Western, but it caused a lot of controversy here as many C and W songs tell a story that some... see more
  • Election 2024: Impact on motorists
    I believe that Churchill said something to the effect of "There's none so hard working as a politician seeking re-election" And his classic " A... see more
  • Why do I have to wait
    We can only guess. If you want it sorted today, you need to get back on the phone and escalate it to management.. see more
  • Why do I have to wait
    I have Home Start and Key Cover, but apparent as my cars on my drive a call-out for a replacement key is not urgent, so I have to await around on... see more
  • Humour
    So the husband unwittingly upsets the wife to the point she throws him out of the house. He walks up the road a little and phones her. "Can I talk... see more
  • RAC Badge
    Dear All, I have bought this lovely old RAC badge to place on my grill of my classic car. Can anyone tell me the RAL or the colour or where to buy... see more
  • Could Someone Give me Advice on Insurance Claims Process?
    Rather than repeat it all, read my piece I put on here just a few weeks ago, it covers most aspects What to do after a crash - RAC Forum As to... see more