Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,191 Posts
    Yesterday
  2. 2,227 Posts
    17-02-24
  3. General Driving Discussions

Conversations about driving, gadgets, travel, breakdowns and safety
    Latest post: Speedometer vs GPS by
    48,555 Posts
    Today
  4. 12,402 Posts
    Today
  5. 10,868 Posts
    Yesterday
  6. 886 Posts
    22-02-24
  • NEWS: Apple scrap their multibillion electric car plan
    It may just be that Apple are struggling in general.... see more
  • Speedometer vs GPS
    As far as I'm aware all speedos and mileage counters are digital and due to people clocking odometers they are a sealed unit to avoid tampering with... see more
  • NEWS: Apple scrap their multibillion electric car plan
    https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2024/feb/27/apple-cancels-electric-car-layoffs According to this report, Apple have scrapped development of... see more
  • Ford Fiesta gear change problem
    Hi. My daughters 203 Ford Fiesta has developed a problem where occasionally, she cannot change gear. It gets stuck in second, or reverse, and it only... see more
  • Speedometer vs GPS
    That is true, but after the manufacturer has sold the vehicle the responsibility passes to the driver to ensure the speedo is "maintained in good... see more
  • Saved from the developers.
    Found this article and it's another example of property developers ignoring the rules and expecting to get away with it. 18the Century pub, sold to... see more
  • AI robot to identify and fill in potholes in Hertfordshire
    Occasional pothole? Around here some of the roads look like they have been used by the Air Force for bombing practice 🙄... see more
  • Speedometer vs GPS
    It's unlawful for a manufacturer to have the speedo show less than the actual road speed. This was originally intended to overcome the inherent... see more
  • Vehicle damaged by RAC
    Hi @VanDriver Thanks for joining the RAC Community. I've sent you a DM asking for some more info. Unfortunately, nobody in the community... see more
  • Speedometer vs GPS
    They don't need to be, since speedos are deliberately set high ... see more
  • Vehicle damaged by RAC
    Hi Can anyone tell me how I can get the RAC to engage with me after them seriously damaging my van? I raised a complaint immediately back in... see more
  • mobile phone use / driving
    I have to admit, I didn't know that the punishment for using a phone was £200 & 6 points. What should the punishment be? Or, does it simply needs... see more
  • AI robot to identify and fill in potholes in Hertfordshire
    https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/council-road-maintenance-in-england-drops-to-lowest-point-in-five-years/ "just 4% of the 17,853... see more
  • Speedometer vs GPS
    I have noticed the same thing. I think that they are deliberately set low for some reason. see more
  • Housing developments
    It's just that it seems to be a growing trend in the UK.... see more
  • Speedometer vs GPS
    I had a 2002 Mini Cooper, it only had a speedo in the centre of the dashboard, not one behind the steering wheel, so I bought a GPS speedo to stick... see more
  • Mileage discrepancy advice please
    AFAIK the RMI mileage record is based upon info provided by dealers, repairers, etc. In other words the motor trade, who are not famous for... see more
  • Smart motorway cameras - Help!
    Just for completeness, the 14-day limit only applies if the Op was the registered keeper. see more
  • F1: 2024 season
    I had to laugh last year. Someone devoted a 24hr TV Channel to F1 last year. Obviously to fill out time there were plenty of pundits all ready with... see more
  • Housing developments
    Drivingforfun: I have seen the development of new housing estates in the Biggleswade area, but have had no call to enter any of them. The one next to... see more
  • Speedometer vs GPS
    I am curious. Has anyone here ever compared their GPS to speedo reading? Mine hasn't got a speed readout, but it does warn me if I go even one mph... see more
    I have to say that the OP was asking about a fixed camera. Situations involving being stopped by live police officers are usually dealt with at the... see more
  • Mileage discrepancy advice please
    Evening all, Been looking a new car for a while now and today I found one (was previously a lease). It hasn't been bought yet as i advised the... see more
    @Rjd2822 Beelzebub​​​​​​​ and Rolebama have been giving advice on this forum for years and can generally be relied upon. There is no... see more
  • Housing developments
    The "new" housing estate near to where I live is actually the opposite. Most of the houses have a drive with room for at least one car, and there is... see more
    No, it's not a rule. It is a guideline (and it's 10% PLUS 2 mph) issued by the National Police Chief's Council, and agreed and followed by all... see more