Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,173 Posts
    Yesterday
  2. 284 Posts
    Yesterday
  3. 2,265 Posts
    16-06-24
  4. 45,662 Posts
    Today
  5. 12,483 Posts
    15-06-24
  6. 9,492 Posts
    Yesterday
  7. 717 Posts
    03-06-24
  • Haden Circus Roundabout Question
    Hi everyone, I'm currently learning how to drive. I have a question about approaching the haden circus roundabout in Birmingham. There are... see more
  • Starting issues
    Grab a multimeter. Connect the negative lead to the negative battery terminal and the positive lead to the engine, preferably to the starter motor... see more
  • Vehicle privacy (electric)
    Any voice control device (including a car), must always be 'listening' in order to 'hear' the wake words/commands. I expect companies will be... see more
    Microchip is one of the world leaders in microcontrollers and other chips, here's their products to transmit data from cars, and they also transmit... see more
    Beelzebub: Only anecdotal from friends who worked for four well-known manufacturers. (Three office workers and a technician.) Will happily DM you if... see more
  • Accident with a bus at a roundabout
    Update: I was deemed at fault but the damage was so minor, the bus company wasn’t concerned and didn’t make any claims against me. Many thanks see more
  • Astra J makes a beeping sound when pressing the accelerator
    Hi all, my Astra j Sri 1.6 2010, makes a quiet beeping sound whenever I press on the accelerator. This happens after a few minutes into the drive.... see more
  • Starting issues
    Hello, While a new starter helps, a slow crank suggests another issue. A weak battery struggles to crank fast enough. Test its voltage. see more
  • Feeling A Fool
    hahahaha 😂😂😂 see more
  • Starting issues
    It looks to be a not-uncommon problem. I didn't see a solution though: ... see more
  • First time you drove
    My first driving experience was at 15 on private land, practicing maneuvers and stalling a lot. see more
  • Car accident. Who is at fault? Advice please
    @TC1474 Great information - thank you. Hopefully we ll know overall repair costs soon and can make a decision between us. We all just feel that new... see more
    The time frame is called "Statute of Limitation" In injury crashes, you have 3 years from date of injury or date of knowledge to start... see more
    @Santa. Thanks for your advice. Do you know generally how long after an accident that we can still make a claim? see more
  • Starting issues
    Hi My 2008 1.9 diesel Multi Jet Doblo struggles with starting recently. It cranks between 100 and 150 rpm, turns over nearly flattening the battery... see more
    You link a Bluetooth device to your cars Bluetooth, it downloads just about everything from your phone, or any other Bluetooth enabled device, that's... see more
    Hi B, I'm looking for what I can find from as many models as I'm interested in buying, before I buy. If you have time, you have to search for... see more
    Hi R, I won't have a listening Alexa type thing in the house, I can switch the lights on myself, the exercise is good. I think we would be... see more
    Hi S, I have a smart tv, but it's not connected apart from the antenna. Yes, I understand that my data is being gleaned, all of the time, but I... see more
    Do you have a source for that? see more
    Which makes/models? Any evidence? see more
  • Feeling A Fool
    Talking to a mate yesterday, and I was reminded that in 1970 I was based at Bovington. The nearest pub was The Ship in Wool. I had agreed to meet a... see more
    Let the insurance deal with it. It can happen that after you agree to settle privately, someone in the other car starts a claim for whiplash or some... see more
    Never mind cars. What about mobile phones, smart TVs, Alexa and her siblings, not to mention smartwatches? How much information does the RAC get... see more
    Some cars not only keep a record of driving, but also any voice commands. It's not a great stretch to think they are also recording all conversations... see more
    Hi B, It may depend on the make/model of vehicle, but I've found out that some have modems/sims buried in the vehicle. C see more
    @Beelzebub thanks for your reply. Great advice. Definitely no green arrow for me so guess I just wrongly presumed as she didn't move and it was a new... see more
    @TC1474 Thanks for your detailed reply. She was actually going straight ahead and had full right of way but didn't move so I went and she hit my rear... see more
    What do you mean by "I thought I had filter"? Could you see a green arrow? Whatever, I suspect insurers would regard you both as at fault. You for... see more