Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,177 Posts
    Yesterday
  2. 2,268 Posts
    19-06-24
  3. 43,822 Posts
    21-06-24
  4. 12,432 Posts
    21-06-24
  5. Off Topic

Let's talk about everything and anything else
    Latest post: Humour by
    9,502 Posts
    Yesterday
  6. 717 Posts
    03-06-24
  • Humour
    So the husband unwittingly upsets the wife to the point she throws him out of the house. He walks up the road a little and phones her. "Can I talk... see more
  • RAC Badge
    Dear All, I have bought this lovely old RAC badge to place on my grill of my classic car. Can anyone tell me the RAL or the colour or where to buy... see more
  • Could Someone Give me Advice on Insurance Claims Process?
    Rather than repeat it all, read my piece I put on here just a few weeks ago, it covers most aspects What to do after a crash - RAC Forum As to... see more
  • Collision when emerging from minor road to major road whos at fault?
    @TC1474 Sorry for the delayed response & thank you for the honesty. I just wanted to confirm that I received confirmation from my insurer, the... see more
  • What made me happy today
    Woke up to rain πŸ˜€ Not only because it's the first rain in about 5 months but it's going to help Ruidoso which is only about 70 miles from my place.... see more
  • Police officer's word as evidence
    Some years ago a TV company, in cooperation with the Met Police staged an abduction on a busy London street. This was immediately followed up by lots... see more
  • Election 2024: Impact on motorists
    It seems they are all making promises either that they can't or won't keep, either in improving driving conditions or reducing the cost. That's all... see more
  • The price of petrol!!!!
    In the grand scheme of things, petrol isn't really that expensive. I have always worked on the basis of: How many x could I buy in 1970 and 1980 with... see more
  • My first experience with an EV
    I was speaking to a friend yesterday, whose son has an EV as a company car. The son told him that when he test drove a few before deciding which one... see more
    What made me happy today was our puppy waking us up with light kisses this morning. see more
  • 2024 Summer Solstice
    I went for a nice drive at about quarter to nine and got back just before 10, and it was still light πŸ‘ see more
    Well, don’t get me started on them πŸ˜‚ see more
  • Hybrid vs Electric
    I don’t know much about cars, I thought a Prius used both at engines at the same time. Electric to accelerate and petrol to maintain speed. my... see more
  • 2024 Summer Solstice
    Today (20th June) is the summer solstice in the UK. How will you be spending your extra hours of daylight? For me, I'll be taking the opportunity... see more
  • Could Someone Give me Advice on Insurance Claims Process?
    Hello there, I recently experienced an incident with my vehicle and I am navigating the insurance claims process for the first time. I could... see more
  • Hybrid vs Electric
    I kind of think that hybrids are the "worst of both worlds" You get an electric range of maybe 25 miles, then when you use that up, you've got the... see more
    I don't know why, but loads of people don't realise that the cost is mostly down to the government Taking away the taxes, the price of the actual... see more
  • Election 2024: Impact on motorists
    With the upcoming UK election, I thought I'd take a look at what the major parties have promised motorists in their manifesto's. ... see more
  • Hybrid vs Electric
    What you should buy depends on several things: Your budget Your average mileage Availability of charging at home LEZs Hybrids are more... see more
  • Hybrid vs Electric
    ​​​​​​​This article should point you in the right direction, it's a few years old so some of the cons are less of an issue (depending on where you... see more
  • Vehicle privacy (electric)
    Hi B, I'm not sure about different models, but the addition of a connected SIM, fitted somewhere in the car is being adopted by ever increasing... see more
    Hi M, And do you press is as ordered, or just pull it out of it's socket :) 'joking' ​​​​​​​C see more
    Hi M, I've seen odd bit of information, regarding our information, and what 'they' are capable of, and wonder what bits I haven't seen. I don't... see more
  • Hybrid vs Electric
    Hit me with the pro's and con's. see more
    How dare you bust my argument with logic and reason. πŸ˜‰ I just feel like the price of things keep going up and the value isn't keeping pace. Rant... see more
    My wife and I decided to take advantage of the good weather today and go for a meal at The Old Orchard in Harefield. It has a magnificent view across... see more
  • Haden Circus Roundabout Question
    Hi @learner19 Great question! Personally, I'd agree with @Drivingforfun, lane 1 has priority. It'd be interesting to hear your instructors... see more
    According to data on the RAC website, the average price has been over Β£1.40 since October 2021, i.e. almost three year ago. There have been no... see more
    To be honest, I've just come here for a rant. The cost of petrol is insane! Β£1.46.9 is daylight robbery. It's unsustainable for the average... see more
  • Haden Circus Roundabout Question
    The tricky bit about negotiating complicated roundabouts is trying to second-guess what the other drivers will do. Even when you follow the lanes and... see more