Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,206 Posts
    12-07-24
  2. 303 Posts
    08-07-24
  3. 2,271 Posts
    Today
  4. General Driving Discussions

Conversations about driving, gadgets, travel, breakdowns and safety
    Latest post: Driving myths by
    43,820 Posts
    Today
  5. 12,437 Posts
    09-07-24
  6. Off Topic

Let's talk about everything and anything else
    Latest post: Humour by
    9,555 Posts
    Today
  7. 727 Posts
    10-07-24
  • Bad driving instructor
    Well an update and a bump on this thread. My instructor through National Intensive cancelled last minute due to covid and last minute they... see more
  • Speed limiters in July
    If it was being used today this would never have happened. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-tells-horrific-search-baby-29510551 Makes... see more
  • Driving myths
    I have commented to a few friends over the years about how they cruise in the second or third lane on motorways, only to be met with variations of "I... see more
  • Humour
    My wife is in hospital after a bee stung her on the forehead. Her face is all bruised and swollen quite badly. Luckily I managed to hit it with a... see more
  • Odd hints and tips
    Nice thread idea A cool one I saw online but have never tried If you bodge a toilet brush into a hand drill (so that operating the drill spins... see more
  • Odd hints and tips
    I thought a thread on some hints and tips might be interesting, and hopefully other member will add to the list. I have a 2500 gallon water tank I... see more
  • Humour
    When they hear my accent I often get asked "So what bought you to America" My reply of "A damn great big aeroplane, as it was a little too far to... see more
  • Foot in Mouth Disease
    Our local high school students put together a big presentation about the damage to the environment caused by climates change, big oil and gas etc.... see more
  • Driving myths
    In general, I agree. Especially since the Consumer Rights Act 2015 often give better protection against unexpected costs. That said, when I bought... see more
  • Watches
    @Rolebama That company make some crazy pieces and I sometimes wonder if they are taking the mick? Look at this "oil pump" watch for £370,000 ... see more
  • Humour
    I'VE BEEN BANNED FROM TESCO'S Yesterday I was at my local Tesco store buying a large economy bag of My Dog dog food for my loyal pet and was in the... see more
  • Foot in Mouth Disease
    The Driving Myths thread Somehow brought this to mind: When with the AA we would have District Meetings where we always had a 'guest' speaker. On... see more
  • Driving myths
    A popular myth still going strong (n ot helped by the TV documentaries) is that it is illegal to undertake. No it isn't. That piece of... see more
  • Driving myths
    Extended warranties are worthwhile. see more
  • Watches
    Came across this from Jacobs at the price of $678,000+.... see more
  • Driving myths
    @Drivingforfun You would need a thousand drivers to take part in a double-blind test to make a scientific evaluation. One group to be given a... see more
  • Driving myths
    @Santa I wonder if you gave someone a few non-alcoholic drinks but they thought they were ordering alcohol, whether some sort of reverse placebo... see more
  • Driving myths
    This is along the same line as "Never offer first aid unless you are fully trained as you may be prosecuted for assault." It's nonsense of course,... see more
  • Driving myths
    Interesting, ​​​​​​​I've never heard of that before. I bet that would be a unique call to the insurance company. Me: The fire brigade cut my car... see more
  • Driving myths
    Oh this is interesting! A niche one I was told is, if you ever stop at the scene of a crash, never to offer the victims to sit down in your car.... see more
  • Honda Jazz Crosstar Hybrid
    It's a good question. The problem arises because the more volatile parts of the petroleum mixture evaporate first and degrade the octane level,... see more
  • Driving myths
    Following a recent Community discussion, I got thinking about what myths exist around driving. This RAC article uncovers 13 motoring myths. ... see more
    Just a thought but does petrol in fact deteriorate more quickly if you have a smaller amount? If you fill the tank would the deterioration have... see more
  • Old driving licence - a little red book
    You are correct to a point but the law is quite specific in that, if you are on, or have applied for the advanced mobility aspect of PIP (Personal... see more
    Interesting, I didn't know that. see more
    Speaking of being too young I read that you can learn to drive in the UK at 16 if you are disabled, in order to equalise with non-disabled 16 year... see more
    If in doubt, reach out to the dealership directly. They may need to contact their head office etc, so it may not be a quick reply. As @Santa... see more
    I could not find any on their website. I'll keep searching. see more
    Hi Nostromo, I don't blame you for wanting to get away from the British winter! Out of curiosity, what are the recommendations from Honda? see more