Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,190 Posts
    Yesterday
  2. 219 Posts
    15-02-24
  3. 2,227 Posts
    17-02-24
  4. 48,519 Posts
    19-02-24
  5. 12,397 Posts
    Yesterday
  6. 258 Posts
    Yesterday
  7. Off Topic

Let's talk about everything and anything else
    Latest post: Humour by
    10,861 Posts
    Yesterday
  8. 882 Posts
    15-02-24
  • Humour
    Truck drivers usually have to complete a check sheet to report any faults they find so that they can be rectified. Mechanics have been known to make... see more
  • Insurance mileage
    Many thanks guys! ​​​​​​​Badenoch see more
  • RAC Mobile Mechanics
    According to this article, 40% of the UK now works from home at least some of the week. "The RAC has now recruited more than 150 mobile mechanics... see more
  • Insurance mileage
    Recently when renewing, I also increased my mileage a few thousand per year, and it had a small impact on the quote. ​​​​​​​ I guess that the more... see more
  • Insurance mileage
    It only has to be an estimate and I believe I read but don't quote me that you can go over by a few hundred or a thousand or so, but if you do double... see more
  • Question about use high beam lights
    I imagine that @Beelzebum is right, if they didn't do anything at the time, I wouldn't expect anything to happen now. see more
  • Insurance mileage
    I've always done the same. I suspect it makes little or no difference to the premium, but happy to be corrected. The only way the insurers could... see more
  • Insurance mileage
    Hi, I'm new here so be gentle with me! On my application form I was asked to quote my my expected mileage for the year, and I have always... see more
  • Are you up to date with the Highway Code?
    Agreed, but as they're happy to commit a criminal offence by using the path in the first place it's unlikely they'll be too bothered by a mere... see more
    As someone who takes an interest in driving and reads relevant forums and websites I tend to find out about HC changes without actively looking for... see more
    I have to admit that I don't think I've looked at a highway code since i passed my test some years ago. What's worse is that I doubt I'd pass my... see more
  • Humour
    Why did the cookie go to the doctor? Because he felt crumby. see more
  • 2016 Fiesta
    Hi @Flofest, Welcome to the community. I'm not the most mechanically minded person in the world - perhaps one of our members may be able to... see more
    If they were to charge you with careless or inconsiderate driving, it's most likely you would indeed be offered a fixed penalty - £100 and three... see more
    @Beelzebub “But if they do take action, it won't necessarily be £100 and three points.” You mean it could be worse or better ? 🤔 it happened at 1... see more
    It's extremely unlikely that anything will come of it. As you suggest, they would have stopped you at the time. But if they do take action, it... see more
    Hello everyone, once again I come to you with a question , this time for high beam lights ,so last night on my way home I was on the single... see more
  • Multiple lights (and sets of lights) on big roundabouts
    Multiple lights (and sets of lights) on big roundabouts Last night, I had to take the exit straight ahead on a big traffic light controlled... see more
  • 2016 Fiesta
    Going through stressful time at the moment and a couple of nights ago went to pick my granddaughter up and she wasn’t there and house in darkness... see more
  • Housing developments
    I thought that as well until you read some of the comments on how much income the councils will get in rents and property taxes from the new houses.... see more
  • What Gave Me 'The Hump' Today
    So I decided to go for fibre broadband. After all the palaver it went live on 14 Feb. All fine so far, except I discovered I am still connected to... see more
  • Humour
    So the last vampire bat arrives at the roost. He has fresh blood all across his face. The other vampire bats ask where did this happen? He agrees to... see more
  • Housing developments
    I think that motorists are seen as too big a cash cow for any real effort to get rid of them to be justifiable to the powers-that-be. I can see it... see more
  • Am I at fault?
    I have heard similar stories to yours many times over the years. In almost every case the reversing driver was held to blame. Partly because of the... see more